Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vision

I learned this weekend that vision is 4% eyes and 96% brain and other resources. Wow. If that's the case, why do I spend so much money on glasses to correct my eyes? Maybe I should spend my money on a psychologist or educational kinesiologist working on my brain?

And so I did. A good friend and I went to Albuquerque, NM to spend time under the guidance of an educational kinesiologist for 3 days. We had a blast. The people who came together for the weekend were very supportive in working with each other to achieve both physical vision and inner vision.

Could there really be a connection between the lack of clarity in my vision, and the lack of clarity for my destiny? Could my need for artificial correction to achieve distance vision clarity be related to a desperate need to know every last detail about what the future holds before I can move forward in life with confidence? Wow that was a mouthful.

I watched my third daughter drastically improve her reading skills by looking at colored light daily for most of 4 months in order to build new neural pathways in the brain. Her personality blossomed, her test scores jumped dramatically, and her stress level dropped radically. Yes, some correction was and remains necessary, and yet, she does not need the strong correction with which she was originally fitted.

What makes some people embrace alternative methods while others cling to modern medicine? Why do some scoff at the idea that movement and pressure points might be a cure for visual stress? Maybe it's a lack of "vision".

No comments: